Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Brief Reenactment of my Relationship with Jack FM

For those of you who live outside of LA, Jack FM (93.1) is a station that's been around a few years. I think a lot of other cities have something similar. Their "format," if you will, is "Playing what we want." As if there's a bunch of disgruntled peeps sitting around in a room saying to one another "hey, let's just say WTF and play THIS! Wow, that'll really blow people's minds!" But really, it's a mix of top 40 hits from the 80s and 90s along with some popular stuff from today and some strange oldies.

Here is a recreation of the rise and fall of esteem I once held for Jack FM:

Oh, wow, "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears. It's always good to hear a Tears for Fears song.

Wow, "Smells Like Teen Spirit," following Tears for Fears? That just blows my mind! That's cool that they'd play that back to back.

Ok, "Hotel California." I haven't heard that yet this year. That's my one Hotel California listen this year.

Hmmm, Goo Good Dolls. They suck. Oh well, I guess there's something for everyone here.

THE NEXT DAY

Hey, Tears for Fears again! They're neat.

Hey, another Nirvana song! Rad. Kurt was such a visionary.

Really? Hotel California? Again? Someone there must really like this station.

Wow, more Goo Goo Dolls, huh? Hmmm.

THE NEXT DAY

I am so sad that I hate Tears for Fears now.

You people don't deserve to play Nirvana.

LA LA LA LA You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave, LA LA LA LA LA

Baby's Black Balloon? What does that even mean?

Ok, that's it. What's playing on K Jazz?

No comments: