Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Thought for the Day

As if I have thoughts that aren't random.

I was just thinking of this as I walked to work this morning. When I was 19 or 20, I had to go to the doctor to get a physical in order to be a camp counselor that summer. The doctor examined me, asked me some questions, and then recorded his summation of my health into his little hand-held recorder. It was the standard "Subject is 19 year old female, blood pressure is blah blah blah" etc. Then he says "subject is of a cheerful disposition but is mildly overweight." He says, into his recorder, in FRONT of me, that I'm mildly overweight, but does not at any time say "Hey, btw, you might want to think of losing a few pounds.

Isn't that weird? Don't know why I just thought of that today.

1 comment:

Shelley Chidley said...

Wow, what a dick. At least he didn't say, "patient tried to flirt with me but I was clearly not interested."