Thursday, August 13, 2009

Can't Hardly Wait. Actually, Can. Pretty Nervous.

Ok so I wanted to write a big huge blog about this but I haven't yet (although I've been writing a bunch of messy notes to try to catalogue this moment as best I can) but I just HAVE to get the news out there.

So, yesterday, at 6:04 pm, I got a phone call from my search consultant. I was at dinner with a friend in a loud restaurant and ran outside so I could hear the call.

She said she had just got back in town from a trip and had several messages on her machine - one of which was from my birth father, Steven. He received her letter, which, I believe also included my letter & photo, and is really excited to speak with me. We are possibly going to talk on Saturday.

Oh my god, it's actually happening.

Oh my god.

Don't ask me how I feel, because I really don't know!

FYI, the reason we haven't heard from the mom yet is that my search lady doesn't have her correct address yet. So she hasn't yet received a copy of the letter.

Anyway, nothing poetic to say today, just had to share!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLY CRIZZAP!!!!! How exciting!!!!

Kate said...

WOW! :)

Shelley Chidley said...

Wow! Omg. What are you gonna say? Hi, how are you? So like... what are you like? Maybe we should like... hang out... Dad? Do I call you Dad? Maybe I should just call you Steven. Oh man, I need a drink. Not that I'm an alcoholic. My parents did a good job raising me. So it's good you gave me up for adoption. But... um... yeah.

Mike said...

That's FANTASTIC! Keep us updated!

Shannon said...

Daniel, Kate, and Mike - thanks! I am really excited!

Shelley -
Ok that totally made me laugh out loud. :)

cindy said...

I can't wait to hear the details, Shannon, and I'm so happy for you. How are your "real" parents taking all of this?

Jess said...

Have you talked to him yet???? EEEK! Where does he live?

Jess said...

Wait, got my days confused. you're talking today, which is Saturday, not yesterday Saturday... opps, la di dah (adhd) la di dah....

Joshua said...

And?