Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Week in the Life

I decided today that I'm going to make a list for an entire week of all of the small (or big) things I do that are goofy, embarassing, or strange seem to be related somehow to my AD/HD. I came up with this idea when I was cooking microwave mac n' cheese and the directions said "Cook 3 minutes on high, stir, and cook one more minute." I registered this information, put my meal in the microwave, set it for one minute, and then walked away. I was surprised that it was still so cold until I remembered pushing the "60 seconds" auto button.

FYI, I know there will be those devil's advocates who will say "How do you know you did such and such BECAUSE of AD/HD?" I agree with my imaginary challenger that I don't, and it's a slippery slope to say what I do "because" of AD/HD. It's not like a demon that inhabits my soul and makes me put my keys in the freezer. And there's nothing to say that I wouldn't do random, spacey things if I didn't have AD/HD. Mostly I'm just trying to make a funny list of air-head things I do in a week just RELAX ALREADY!!!

No comments: